Hyvä Themes License
Hyvä Themes License
You can now order your license for Hyvä Themes.
Licenses costs € 1000, excluding VAT.
- One-time purchase, unlimited updates included
- Valid for one Magento 2 installation with unlimited domains and storeviews.
- Full access to the Hyvä Themes code via Private Packagist and Gitlab
- Includes access to third-party compatibility modules
- Support and Community access on our private Slack
- Access to online documentation
- Hyvä License, for all licensing terms and conditions
- Hyvä Themes Demo store, an up to date Hyvä Themes demo store
- Hyvä Themes feature matrix, for the latest feature coverage
- Hyvä Themes suppliers page, to find an agency or freelancer to build your Hyvä Themes store
- Hyvä Themes compatibility modules, where we keep track of Third Party module support. Here Hyvä Themes members can put in requests and vote for modules to be made compatible.
- Coming soon: FAQ
About / Hyvä Themes License
What is Hyvä Themes
Hyvä Themes are Magento 2 Themes build up from scratch.
This site was made with it. Another example is this Live Demo site.
Hyvä Themes are build from scratch using a completely blank theme. All
.phtml files, and all
Hyvä Themes have only 2 dependencies by default: TailwindCSS and AlpineJS. They enable the great UI you're currently looking at.
Launched February 12th
The first version of the Default Hyvä Theme has been released February 12th.
We have started handling orders.
Watch back our release party on YouTube
All Hyvä products are built with the purpose to lower dependencies to 3rd party libraries. We try to keep the technology stack limited to as few as possible.
- reduced complexity
- improved performance
- improved developer experience
- improved development velocity
- reduced dependencies
- reduced learning curve
We leverage a lot of tools that come from the Laravel ecosystem. Laravel is a great example of a PHP ecosystem that is innovating and thriving in an incredible pace.
In particular, we’re currently using TailwindCSS and AlpineJS to build a beautiful, fast and flexible frontend themes for Magento.
While we’re using a modern frontend-stack, there’s plenty left of the classic Magento frontend that will be familiar to anyone that has experience with Magento 2’s Luma/Blank themes.
We’re keeping everything we consider to be great (layout.xml), and got rid of the parts we would gladly live without (Knockout/Require/jQuery).
Hyvä is not revolutionary. Hyvä is not built to become a hype. One could say that Hyvä is the version of Luma we wished Magento had built. Or the frontend that Luma potentially could have become.
We are not against PWA. But we’re also not super passionate about PWA. For us, it’s not the silver bullet to all e-commerce needs. We love the e-commerce and PHP ecosystems and don’t believe PWA should be the de facto standard for building online shops.
In our experience - and at the time of writing - PWA is not easy to implement. It requires a very high level of expertise, time and money to build a truly great online shop using any of the PWA solutions currently available on the market. This makes it less suitable for the gross of merchants a typical agency works for.
We are trying to close that gap, so that Magento remains the best solution for merchants of all sizes and agencies can stick with Magento and leverage their expertise on the platform using both Hyvä and PWA solutions where it best fits their clients needs.